Chelsea

  • Icardi drops huge hint he's staying at I...

    Mauro Icardi has dropped a huge hint that he will stay at Inter Milan. The Argentina striker has been heavily linked with an exit from the Serie A giants this summer, with Juventus and Real Madrid continually mooted as potential destinations. However, Icardi has now issued a cr...

    Icardi drops huge hint he's staying at Inter following Juventus rumours

    Mauro Icardi has dropped a huge hint that he will stay at Inter Milan. The Argentina striker has been heavily linked with an exit from the Serie A giants this summer, with Juventus and Real Madrid continually mooted as potential destinations. However, Icardi has now issued a cryptic update on his Instagram page, posting two photos, one with the caption "to be continued". The 25-year-old has spent five years at Inter, having joined the club from Sampdoria in 2013, and the club are keen to reward their captain with a new contract. The club’s chief executive Alessandro Antonello also recently confirmed that there had been no offers from Serie A rivals Juventus for Icardi. Antonello told Rai Gr Parlamento: "Icardi is the captain of Inter and there's a contract in place. "There's a willingness on both sides to discuss a renewal, we'll meet in the next few weeks to go down that road and hope for the satisfaction of both parties. "Offers? So far none have arrived."   9.07.2013 - 9.07.2018

  • Hazard: Playing for Real Madrid is every...

    Eden Hazard says it would be a "dream" to play for Real Madrid as speculation over the Belgium star's Chelsea future continues. Hazard has inspired Belgium to a place in the World Cup semi-finals, with his side taking on France in St Petersburg on Tuesday. Madrid have long been...

    Hazard: Playing for Real Madrid is everyone's dream

    Eden Hazard says it would be a "dream" to play for Real Madrid as speculation over the Belgium star's Chelsea future continues. Hazard has inspired Belgium to a place in the World Cup semi-finals, with his side taking on France in St Petersburg on Tuesday. Madrid have long been linked with a move for the 27-year-old, while the Primera Division giants could soon need to replace Cristiano Ronaldo. The Portugal captain is close to joining Serie A champions Juventus, freeing up a spot in Madrid's front line. And although Zinedine Zidane stepped down after the Champions League final, to be replaced by Julen Lopetegui, Hazard is still open to joining Madrid. "Does Real make me dream less without Zidane?" Hazard told beIN SPORTS.  "Zidane is someone special, it's true, but I think Real is everyone's dream. "Zidane or no Zidane, the white jersey [of Madrid] is special but the blue jersey [of Chelsea] suits me well so it does not bother me if I stay. "For now, it's the World Cup. As I have said at least 100 times, I am at Chelsea and for the moment nobody has made me an offer." Chelsea find themselves in a complicated position with regards their coaching situation at present, with Antonio Conte taking the first day of pre-season training on Monday, despite the club still seeking to close out a deal that will see former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri take charge for the 2018-19 season. As a result, their transfer dealings have yet to take off the ground, with several of their players still finding themselves in a state of limbo. The Blues missed out on Champions League football for next season, having finished fifth in the Premier League standings.

  • Roma haven't received transfer offers fo...

    Roma sporting director Monchi is willing to consider offers for Alisson, but revealed the club is yet to receive a bid for the goalkeeper. Brazil international Alisson has been linked with the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid after shining for Roma in their run to the...

    Roma haven't received transfer offers for Alisson - Monchi

    Roma sporting director Monchi is willing to consider offers for Alisson, but revealed the club is yet to receive a bid for the goalkeeper. Brazil international Alisson has been linked with the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid after shining for Roma in their run to the Champions League semi-finals. But despite speculation he could be tempted away from the Italian capital, Monchi says for his goalkeeper to depart, the club would have to receive an offer for him. With Brazil's World Cup now over, Monchi says Roma will evaluate the situation should an offer come in, but that the club is preparing to have Alisson build on his strong 2017-18.  "He has the same chance of staying as all the other players we have not received any offers for," Monchi told reporters. "If one arrives, we will study it and make a decision. We are working out when he will return to training after his post-World Cup holiday; ready to do even better than he did last season for us." Roma have had a busy transfer window, making 10 signings including Ivan Marcano, Justin Kluivert and Javier Pastore. But the Serie A side have been linked with further arrivals, Ajax's Morocco international Hakim Ziyech and Sassuolo forward Domenico Berardi among their reported targets. "As I said on Saturday, we are always watching the transfer market," Monchi added. "Roma is a big club, and big clubs always need to have an eye on the market up until it closes. "We still have 40 days, so talking about Ziyech or Berardi is reductive. We are following a lot of situations. We have started the pre-season. When you are building a side you always think you are doing well, but this is the time to understand how you can continue to improve. "Hard work is always the most important thing, I don't know any other way to achieve success. We have chosen a risky strategy: to build the squad as quickly as possible, to get down to work immediately. "There is a gap we need to overcome to those who finished ahead of us, we have to work to close it as quickly as we can."

  • Conte begins pre-season Chelsea training...

    Antonio Conte presided over Chelsea's return for pre-season training on Monday, despite persistent speculation over the Italian's future. Conte was widely expected to be fired at the end of last term, in which the Blues surrendered their Premier League title with a limp fifth-pl...

    Conte begins pre-season Chelsea training amid Sarri rumours

    Antonio Conte presided over Chelsea's return for pre-season training on Monday, despite persistent speculation over the Italian's future. Conte was widely expected to be fired at the end of last term, in which the Blues surrendered their Premier League title with a limp fifth-place finish, although they did win the FA Cup. Maurizio Sarri was said to have been lined up to take over at Stamford Bridge and it appeared to be a matter of time before a deal was confirmed when Napoli sacked him in May for taking too long to decide on his future. But a contractual dispute with Napoli has prevented Chelsea from snapping Sarri up, leaving Conte at the helm after he regularly challenged the hierarchy's authority with comments about their transfer policy in the most recent campaign.  And the former Juventus boss was present at Cobham on Monday as Chelsea got their preparations for the 2018-19 season underway. An agreement in principle is in place to bring Sarri to Stamford Bridge, but the Blues still need to work with Napoli to secure his release from his contract. The Serie A side's president Aurelio De Laurentiis has been holding out for the £7 million (€8m/$9.2m) release clause, with lawyers continuing to work to secure the move that both the London club and Sarri want. For their part, Napoli have already replaced Sarri with former Blues manager Carlo Ancelotti, who started the new role on July 1. As late as Sunday evening, the Chelsea players did not know who was poised to take their training, while the confusion has led to knock-on effects for many in the transfer window. David Luiz is among those players who would push to depart should the ex-Italy boss remain in charge of the side, but if Sarri were to take over then the scenario could be very different.  Nevertheless, the Stamford Bridge side are closing in on deals to sign Russia World Cup star Aleksandr Golovin and Juventus player Daniele Rugani. Conte, who is now into the final year of his contract but who could cost up to £9 million to remove, also spent much of the weekend at Chelsea's base, where the squad's fitness levels will be assessed over the next couple of days.

Leagues
  • EPL
  • La Liga
  • Bundesliga
  • Serie A
  • Champions League
  • Europa League
Clubs
  • Real Madrid
  • Barcelona
  • Manchester United
  • Arsenal
  • Bayern Munich
  • Liverpool
  • Chelsea
  • Manchester City
  • A.C. Milan
  • Juventus
  • Inter Milan
menu