La Liga

  • LIVE SCORES: All the goals as they go in

    LIVE SCORES: All the goals as they go in

    LIVE SCORES: All the goals as they go in

    LIVE SCORES: All the goals as they go in

  • Dembele out for two weeks as Barca injur...

    Ousmane Dembele has been ruled out for at least two weeks as his Barcelona career suffers another injury setback. The France international played 69 minutes of the 3-1 win over Leganas on Sunday after going off with a sprained ankle. Subsequent tests have revealed a tear to the...

    Dembele out for two weeks as Barca injury nightmare continues

    Ousmane Dembele has been ruled out for at least two weeks as his Barcelona career suffers another injury setback. The France international played 69 minutes of the 3-1 win over Leganas on Sunday after going off with a sprained ankle. Subsequent tests have revealed a tear to the left ankle which will see him miss the next four matches. Dembele is expected to be absent for both legs of the Copa del Rey quarter-final against Sevilla and the La Liga games against Girona and Valencia. He joins an injury list which already includes Rafinha and Samuel Umtiti, both of whom have knee injuries. Since arriving from Borussia Dortmund, the 21-year-old's career at Camp Nou has been dominated by fitness issues. A hamstring tear saw Demebele miss much of his first season at Barca, and he suffered a similar injury 12 months ago which again derailed his spell at the club. But the 2018-19 campaign had been largely injury free for the Frenchman, helping him score 13 goals and contribute five assists in 27 appearances. Ernesto Valverde's side are still fighting firmly on three fronts this season. The Catalans are top of La Liga, five points ahead of Atletico Madrid and into the last-16 of the Champions League where they face Lyon. Sevilla are their opponents in the Copa de Rey as they pursue an unlikely quadruple, having already won the Spanish Super Cup at the start of the season

  • Why didn't Real replace Ronaldo? They sh...

    Real Madrid’s decision not to replace Cristiano Ronaldo has been slammed by Robert Prosinecki, with the Blancos told they should have spent big landing Kylian Mbappe and Eden Hazard. A five-time Ballon d’Or winner took the decision to leave the Santiago Bernabeu for Juventus on ...

    Why didn't Real replace Ronaldo? They should have signed Mbappe and Hazard! - Prosinecki

    Real Madrid’s decision not to replace Cristiano Ronaldo has been slammed by Robert Prosinecki, with the Blancos told they should have spent big landing Kylian Mbappe and Eden Hazard. A five-time Ballon d’Or winner took the decision to leave the Santiago Bernabeu for Juventus on the back of his World Cup exploits with Portugal. Florentino Perez was given plenty of time in which to try and find suitable cover for the loss of a record-breaking talismanic presence, but was unable to make any marquee additions. Madrid are now paying the price in what has been a testing 2018-19 campaign, with the likes of Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema struggling to step up in Ronaldo’s absence. Former midfielder Prosinecki believes they should never have been left in that position, with it difficult to understand why Real did not pursue star performers at Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea. He told Sportske novosti: “I can't believe Perez bought no replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo! “A man who gave you 50 goals each season leaves and you get nobody! How did he think their current players would make up those 50 goals?! “With all the problems Real are facing now, with Ronaldo they'd still be at or near the top of the league.” Prosinecki, who spent three years at the Bernabeu between 1991 and 1994, added: “Who could he have bought? Hazard and Mbappe! “Put those two together up front and you'll see how strong your attack would be. “Yes, they cost over 300 million but is that money Real cannot afford? Modern football went that way, you have to constantly keep active on the market and buy the best ones. “I saw Perez lost investors in the new stadium, so he is trying to save the money for that. “But Real cannot afford to save the money in a way that harms the team. “I am not sure how long the fans will tolerate this, and when they go crazy, it is inconvenient for everyone.” Madrid are still in the Copa del Rey, having reached the quarter-final stage, while a fourth successive Champions League crown remains on the cards after booking a place in the last 16. They have, however, been left 10 points off the pace in the Liga title race after suffering six defeats across their 20 fixtures so far.

  • 'We'll see what happens' - Vela stays qu...

    Carlos Vela is waiting to "see what happens" amid reports linking him with a surprise move to Barcelona. The Spanish side are reportedly looking to sign an attacker this month to boost their La Liga and Champions League hopes, with LAFC attacker Vela one of those highlighted as ...

    'We'll see what happens' - Vela stays quiet on Barcelona links

    Carlos Vela is waiting to "see what happens" amid reports linking him with a surprise move to Barcelona. The Spanish side are reportedly looking to sign an attacker this month to boost their La Liga and Champions League hopes, with LAFC attacker Vela one of those highlighted as a candidate. Sport claimed Barca had reached an agreement with the Mexico international and planned to sign him on an initial loan deal but soon backed out. While the former Arsenal and Real Sociedad player would not say whether or not a move was in the works, he says he is happy enough in Los Angeles. "They are issues for the clubs and agents," Vela told ESPN. "I'm relaxed, working on the preseason and the most important thing is to be happy in the place you are. In the future we'll see what happens. "Whatever I may decide or happens I'll be happy because I'm loving being in Los Angeles with my team enjoying the day-to-day and I don't have anything to lose in any case." The 29-year-old joined LAFC from Real Sociedad a year ago, enjoying a 14-goal debut season in MLS as his side reached the playoffs. But he is confident he can do even better next time around as his side prepare for the new campaign, which begins in March. "I enjoyed [the first season] a lot, I took on the responsibility," he added. "This year I'll take on more and I can give more to this club and this league. I'll work to that end." Vela has been kept out of the national team in recent months, but his situation could change as Gerardo Martino takes charge. However, he is yet to discuss the prospect of a return with the new coach and says he is willing to step aside to give younger players a chance. "I think they've taken a great decision in bringing in Tata," he said. "Obviously I have to speak to him to see his plans with me or without me. "I've not had the chance to talk with him, but I know I'll do so before the next call-ups [in March]. I wish him the best. I'm open to keeping going or to stepping aside for the youngsters, whatever is best for Mexico."

  • It was a clear goal – Valverde dismisses...

    Ernesto Valverde is convinced the officials made the correct decision in allowing Luis Suarez's goal to stand despite Leganes' protests in Barcelona's 3-1 win on Sunday. Leganes had made things interesting in Camp Nou when Martin Braithwaite cancelled out Ousmane Dembele's opene...

    It was a clear goal – Valverde dismisses VR controversy

    Ernesto Valverde is convinced the officials made the correct decision in allowing Luis Suarez's goal to stand despite Leganes' protests in Barcelona's 3-1 win on Sunday. Leganes had made things interesting in Camp Nou when Martin Braithwaite cancelled out Ousmane Dembele's opener in the second half. The goal forced Valverde to introduce Lionel Messi from the bench, and he inspired Barca to go on and win – playing a role in Suarez's goal before then rounding things off late on. Suarez's goal was contentious from Leganes' perspective, as Ivan Cuellar saved Messi's strike and then the Uruguayan netted from close range, appearing to collide with the goalkeeper at the same time. Replays showed that, although there was contact, it was minimal and the goal stood even after a VAR review, angering Leganes. Valverde thinks sense prevailed, however. "I thought it was a goal," Valverde told Movistar. "What can I say, everyone sees it from their point of view, but if the referee has given it, it will be a goal. "With VAR, the controversy is not over. It's a clear goal. Suarez does not touch the goalkeeper, they have reviewed it. "There will always be controversy, mistakes will follow and you have to accept the error. That [errors] will not end with VAR, nor if it was a robot refereeing." Carles Alena impressed in midfield before being withdrawn for Messi shortly after the Leganes equaliser. The crowd reacted negatively to Alena's withdrawal, but Valverde made the change for a specific reason. Speaking in his post-match news conference, Valverde said: "Alena played a great match, but we thought it was a good idea to make changes at 1-1. "[Ivan] Rakitic and Messi are used to playing together and we have opted for a turn, but that does not mean it [Alena's performance] was not good. "The other day the full game, Alena did not play and today he did. We have to give everyone games because they are all important."

Leagues
  • EPL
  • La Liga
  • Bundesliga
  • Serie A
  • Champions League
  • Europa League
Clubs
  • Real Madrid
  • Barcelona
  • Manchester United
  • Arsenal
  • Bayern Munich
  • Liverpool
  • Chelsea
  • Manchester City
  • A.C. Milan
  • Juventus
  • Inter Milan
menu